Tuesday, July 16, 2013

THE METROPOLITAN MUSEUM OF ART - PART 1


Greek and Roman's rooms

Last Saturday I went to The Metropolitan Museum of Art because I wanted to see the Egyptin ancient artifacts. I started my visit at the Greek and Roman Art rooms and I almost cried! Be so close those very ancient artifacts was amazing for me!
The museum created incredible installations that reflect the topic of the arts. The Greek and Roman`s rooms with Greek art, prehistoric through Hellenistic, are white and light and the Medieval age art`s rooms are more dark.

Medieval age's rooms
Roman emperor's ring




 I really enjoy the Egyptian Art rooms. There are mummys, artifacts and a real temple: The Temple of Dendur! You can enter in it!

Unfortunately, I just have time to see one floor and I'm going there next Saturday to see the second floor where there are European Panting from 1250-1800!

3 comments:

  1. Mayse: I love Egyptian culture!!! And I didn't know that there were such things in this museum. For sure I will visit this place as soon as possible. thanks for the tips!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great, Mayse!
    Congrats!

    I was only thinking about going there, but now I'm sure I'm going to visit it!

    Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to this museum too and liked to see the greek and roman sculptures!!

    ReplyDelete