Monday, July 15, 2013

A trip to Liberty Island



On July 5 I went to the Liberty Island in order to visit The Statue of Liberty - one of the most important sightseeings of the United States. Actually the statue is named "The Statue of Liberty Enlightening the World", and it was a gift from the people of France to celebrate the America's Independence Day. I took a ship to go to the island, and there I took many pictures. The statue is so beautiful - and a little fatter than it seems to be in the television or in magazines. Inside the statue there is a fabulous museum where I could learn about its history and see some curiosity things related to its building process. In the island I could find a little store which sells souvenirs, a snack bar and a little park with some beautiful trees. I enjoyed this day!

1 comment: