Sunday, June 30, 2013

Keep calm and go ahead!

It has completed a week that we arrived at New York and the thing that calls my attention during this period was the way americans speak. It's too fast, mainly considering people who works at the restaurants. Sometimes it's so hard to comprehend what they are asking you. It's embarassing to say "Sorry! Can you repeat, please?". People seems to be bored when they hear this kind of question. I was at a certain restaurant and I didn't understand what the attendant said. At that moment I felt completely lost but my friend Fabio helped me to answer her. This situation frustrated me, but at the same time gave me fuel to continue trying to establish communication with people around.

4 comments:

  1. In fact, that's the american way of speaking and we have to be patient in order to handle with such situation......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just think we all had the same feeling my friend but we'll improve!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet you are already more comfortable! Keep up the good work.
    ~Christina

    ReplyDelete